Sunday, November 4, 2007

W

Being a relatively poor person, I have opted for the basic cable package for my TV.

As a result, 80% of the shows I can watch are either in French, about entertainment "news", or the Women's Television Network.

So, after watching a few dozen episodes of "Take This House And Sell It" and "Looking Good Naked" and "Style By Jury", I've got this strange urge to paint my apartment and buy a corset.

Also, I think an excellent new show to add to the W Network would be an apartment decorating show, where stylish and snooty interior designers can show the average working shmoe how to dress up their drab white walls (that they can't paint because of their lease) with pictures and pieces of fabric and pillows and stuff. And also, they could take away my Ikea furniture and leave me with classier stuff. Honestly, I wouldn't mind.

And while their top-notch decorating team is turning my apartment upside down and making it fantastic, I could be getting a make-over and clothing tips from one of their delightful stylists (I kinda like the guy from "Looking Good Naked", but I think I have to to go England to be on his show and frankly, I don't care how good I look naked, I don't want to be on a billboard in London for all the English types to see).

That would be an awesome show.

2 comments:

Adriana said...

Awesome!!

P.S. We just have basic cable too and it's disgusting how much they are charging for just a handful of channels.

Sam said...

I admit that I do without other things (like shopping and having a life) so that I may have more than basic cable. When I am off work and it's 3 in the morning, you need good tv. Just saying.