Saturday, November 3, 2007

Taking advantage of the rising dollar... or it taking advantage of me

I guess I'll never learn.

Last night, after returning home from the nice farewell sushi party for Amy (pictures to follow... eventually), I hopped on the internet and finally bought this:



From here. And in my amazing math ineptitude (and in the onslaught of a full-blown sushi coma), it took me a few double takes to realize that the total after tax and shipping was quite a bit less than the selling price.

Which inspired me to do a bit of ebay surfing... and I found this (which is something I've been looking for for quite some time)

Tempting, tempting... but the dollar won't stay high forever (in fact, I think it's already dropped) and I wonder if I should risk spending over $200 on manga in one go.

But at least I got a tote bag out of it!

Day 3! Done!

1 comment:

Heather G. said...

Yeah, it's crazy, isn't it... and it isn't just the dollar... the shipping rates from the US to Canada are cheaper than shipping WITHIN Canada. I had a similar moment of confusion when the price of my Ravelry tee (hope it arrives soon!) was less in CDN than in USD.