Sunday, December 2, 2007

Scarves!

Here's a long awaited knitting post!

Okay, remember way back in October I posted about the diagonal scarf I was starting? And then later, I ran into some trouble with the same scarf?

Well, everything is okay with the diagonal scarf and it's pretty long now! I'm on the last ball of yarn and I'm still loving the pattern!


But this scarf has been put on the back burner temporarily while I try to complete a scarf for my dad by December 13th for his birthday.

I bought the yarn on Friday, and knitted like a madwoman all weekend while watching Hairspray with Corinna, and Rome with myself (what an amazing series!). So after three days of knitting, this is what I have:


(modeled by the very lovely Hermes)

The pattern is from a Yarn Harlot post that Heather sent me, although, like with any pattern I attempt, mine doesn't look quite like hers... but I love mine anyway!


It's about 11 inches now... only 43 more to go... and 10 days to do it in... yeesh.

But, so I don't end on a downer, here's another shot of my pretty diagonal scarf!



Ooooo... look at the pretty colours....

2 comments:

Heather G. said...

I am in love with your scarf!!

And your dad's scarf is coming along nicely. Keep on knittin'!

Adriana said...

Both scarves are yummy! Keep knitting and I'm sure you'll get it done in time :)