Saturday, December 1, 2007

The Golden Compass

There was a special showing of "The Golden Compass" tonight that I went to.



The movie was great. The special effects were amazing, Pan was adorable in every form, Lyra wasn't nearly annoying as she is in the books, and I ADORED the witches.

But to make things even better, there was a preview for a new book-to-movie that I hadn't heard about.



This book was fantastic! If you haven't read it, go read it. I can't wait for it to come to theatres (although I don't think I would have cast Brenden Fraser as Mo)!

So many book-to-movies lately! The Seeker, The Golden Compass, Spiderwick, Prince Caspian, now Inkheart (and probably more I've forgotten). It's awesome!

2 comments:

Adriana said...

I didn't realize that the Golden Compass was already coming to theatres. Very cool! I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. Pete and I will definitely be going once I'm back from visiting my parents.

Jenn said...

That's so exciting! I had heard talk of an Inkheart movie a year or two ago, but nothing since. Brendan Fraser strikes me as an odd choice too. Not nearly literary enough. But who knows.
I totally want to see The Golden Compass next weekend too. I can't wait!