Sunday, December 9, 2007

Knitting update

I've been frantically knitting away at my dad's birthday scarf, which needs to be done in less than a week.

I measured it yesterday (when my elbow started to ache and I had to put the needles down for the night) and I'm at 30". Only 24" to go, which may be do-able since I have today off.

But I ran out of TV to watch! I finished the Tudors last night (after another historical inaccuracy that made me stare at the TV slack jawed and exclaim "WHAT?!?" a la Doctor Who) so I've only got two episodes of Rome to knit through. I suppose then I'll have to put on a movie or something. I bet the Lord of the Rings trilogy will help make the knitting go by faster :D

No pictures of said scarf yet, but take my word for it. It's gorgeous. I can't wait to give it to my dad... to the expert knitters out there, do I have to block it first? Because that'll add an extra day to my deadline that I don't think I have unless I skip work.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You don't *have* to block it(unless the stitch pattern is pulling in too much and you'd like to open it up a bit,) but a nice warm bath would make the yarn "bloom."

Heather G. said...

I would say that Silk Garden does need to be blocked.... and almost more importantly, washed. It is not the cleanest yarn out there. (though it has gotten a LOT better). Plus, washing it will really soften up the yarn.

You don't have to allot a whole day, it will probably dry overnight, especially if you set it up with a fan on it.

Adriana said...

I concur. Give it a bath with some woolwash or shampoo and leave it out to dry overnight on your drying rack.