Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Scavenger Hunt and Book Launch

Oh my, was yesterday ever an eventful day!

I'll post details later with pictures (once I get them from Heather), but the long and short of it is this:

I used my lieu day at work to spend the day running around Toronto doing a sock scavenger hunt from the Yarn Harlot, to celebrate her book launch. Essentially, there was a list of places and things to take pictures of while holding a sock-in-progress.

Heather and I started around 10am, and finished about 6:15pm (with only one and a half breaks!)

We went from Casa Loma, to Ontario Place, to the CN Tower / Rogers Centre / Steamwhistle Brewery / Union Station, to the St Lawrence Market, and back up to the ROM with a detour in China Town, pausing a dozen times on the way.

Oh, the blisters on my feet! And now, I'm off to the gym. I hope my trainer has pity on me.

And, of course, yesterday was a blustery blustery day, and while the wind wasn't so bad in the early afteroon, by 5pm it was *frigid* and we were *exhausted* and *cranky*.

But it was totally worth it. We won 4th prize - sock yarn.

(Oh yeah. The book launch itself was awesome. I love reading the Yarn Harlot, but hearing her speak in person was fantastic. She's a truly funny lady. I can't wait to have her at the library!)

Pictures later - maybe even later this morning!!

2 comments:

Adriana said...

I wondered if you guys were going to take part in that. It sounds like you had an amazing day! I can't wait to see pictures. And I'm so impressed that you won fourth place!

Anonymous said...

Are your pictures on the Yarn Harlot flickr account for the scavenger hunt. I saw your picture posted by doubleagent but don't think that was your pictures.