Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Trying to think of a post

Let's see... something must have happened during the past week for me to blog about...

I visited London on Friday/Saturday, just to make sure that Dee and Sam were still talking to me ;) It was lots of fun - I miss that city! It made me long for my university days when almost all my friends were in one place. Ah, nostalgia.

Hamlet helps me pack in the most unhelpful way possible

While in London, Dee and I looked at lots of pretty dresses (which, unfortunately, I can't show you) and did some knitting (which, fortunately, I can show you!)

I'm pleased to say that with Dee's help, I finished my gauntlets! Right in time for summer.... d'oh! We got Sam, did some shopping, ate some yummy ice cream... it was lots of fun! (Don't worry Sam, I won't post the picture of you eating ice cream) ;)

We were each knitting from one end of the ball, like Lady and the Tramp - only with yarn
(and no dogs)


The finished gauntlets

And I started making a lacy scarf, using a pattern Dee found for me.

It's the Montego Bay Scarf, and I'm using the sock yarn Heather and I won during the sock scavenger hunt (since I dislike knitting socks). I'm debating whether or not to scrap the Toronto sock (the one that's in all the scavenger hunt pictures) and either start over or give up. I haven't decided yet.


Huh. Apparently I did have some things to post about :)

2 comments:

Adriana said...

I had so much fun with you. I hadn't realized just how much I'd missed you!! I hope I get to see you lots in July.

I'm loving the Montego Bay scarf. It's the perfect use for sock yarn.

Go Gauntlet Power!! Now you need to become a superhero. Been bitten by any spiders lately?

Heather G. said...

Those gauntlets look fantastic! And the Montego Bay Scarf looks great in that colourway!