Sunday, March 30, 2008

Earth Hour

Yesterday, March 29th from 8pm to 9pm was Earth Hour. Everyone who wanted to participate was supposed to turn off their lights for one hour to save electricity and promote awareness of climate change and such.

The WWF site has some great before and after pictures of Toronto during the hour.

Fortunately for me, I was at a birthday party for a friend and was able to participate with a bunch of people instead of sitting alone in a dark apartment for an hour (note to self: buy a flashlight or candles or something).

We ended up playing a really fun game (yes, I found a game fun, believe it or not) so our Earth Hour looked something like this:

2 comments:

Adriana said...

Looks like you had fun. I was at home and my mom lite candles and we just sat around for the hour. We were all pretty exhausted after the events from earlier that day so it was pretty boring.

Sam said...

I made sure I was making the most of Earth Hour! I had no lights on, or electronics on at all. Ok, it does help that I was sound asleep at the time and the only thing on was my cell phone (which is obviously battery powered) but that still counts right? :)