Saturday, March 29, 2008

My thrilling life

Probably my greatest accomplishment this week has been completing Final Fantasy XII (always nice to have goals, isn't it?)

This game was gorgeous. The scenery was stunning and I often found myself panning the camera around just to take in the architecture of wherever I happen to be (except in caves. I hate caves. But even the caves were pretty)

Anyway, I believe I started this game 2 years ago... so it's been a while. I love long RPGs like this because I invest a minimal amount of money for a long period of entertainment. And I go through phases of playing and not playing.

So anyway, I went from these beautiful graphics


Back to Final Fantasy IX (for the PS1)

I beat FFIX a while ago but always loved it. I find that people are in two camps about this game. Either they loved IX and hated IIX, or vice versa. It's rare to find some one who loved both. (I hated IIX and gave it away. I wanted to kill Rinoa, who was one of the playable characters)

Anyway... FFIX has the best music, in my opinion, and I love the little black mage Vivi. I hope it doesn't take me 2 year to finish this game again (especially since it's much shorter than XII)


And, in other news, I did a lot of knitting over Easter, but not the sleeves of the sweater Dee and I are doing together. Instead I started to work on lamb parts to make myself an Easter lamb! I don't have any pictures of the guy yet (either together or in pieces) but since I don't know how to do seams, someone will have to help me out!

3 comments:

Adriana said...

What a difference in graphics, wow.

Yay for upcoming visit! If you're able to have the sleeves done by then I can help you seam the sweater so you can do the collar.

Unknown said...

Congratulaitons on finishing FF XII! I'm nearly finished with Persona 3, which I have been playing since the end of August (I ignored it for a couple of month, but who's counting?) I can't wait to finish it -- I have a pile of games ahead of me, but I think Odin Sphere is going to win out (you should look that one up, lady!)

Joe said...

Sorry, I loved VIII (or IIX or whatever you call it) for the 30% of it I played. Who cares about that ditz Rinoa? VIII had Quistis, the sexy chick in glasses!