Thursday, January 17, 2008

Twisty fun!

I'm only 4 rows away from finishing my first cabling (cableing?) project. It's so much fun!! I love the twistiness of it all.

But one thing I've learned is that I still don't like working with DPNs. I thought (since I was overly eager to begin this project and I had left my needles at home and Heather only had DPNs) that I would give them a shot. The yarn is sticky enough that the stitches don't fall off, but having 4 DPNs plus the one you knit from(with?) plus the little cable needles is far too many needles for me.
Pictures of the completed cabled hat will follow!

*squee!*

3 comments:

Heather G. said...

I am impressed that you stuck to the dpns nonetheless. And I wait excitedly for pictures of a finished hat!

Adriana said...

I can't wait to see the hat!

Magic is the best way in my opinion. I had to use dpns for Jane's socks and I was not happy about it.

Unknown said...

Glad to hear the hat is going well. Can't wait to see it!

As a die-hard fan of dpns, I send a mighty Pfffbbbtt! in your general direction. :P They aren't so bad once you get used to them!