Monday, January 14, 2008

Dinos and Yarn

It was a fun weekend of friends, yarn, and dinosaurs.

Dee and Pete came for a visit, and we headed to Lettuce Knits for a 30% off sale (whee!). After taking pictures of my stash and putting it on Ravelry, I decided that I needed to stock up on more yarn... so I did :)

I love this Misti Alpaca. It reminds me of vegetables, for some reason. Even though it will shed a great deal on my black coat (like my other alpaca scarf does), I'm going to knit it into a scarf. But first, I'm making a hat out of this:

It's called Fatty, so I'm making a Fatty Hatty :) And I'm learning to cable! So it's a steep learning curve for me, since I'm knitting this on DPNs (when I usually knit in the round) and I'm doing cables. But I LOVE knitting with this yarn. It sticks to needles. It's fantastic.

So, back to the ROM. I guess it was the first weekend for the re-opened dinosaur exhibit, because when we got there, we found a looong line.

That's only part of it. And I'm still unimpressed by the addition to the ROM. It seems weird to me (and thank you to the few people who agree with me)

So we got in to see the dinosaurs. There were lots of nice bones and fossils, but it was crowded. I think I'll go back in a few months when things have settled down some and try again.

I remember this dinosaur from the old exhibit!

JAZZ HANDS!

1 comment:

Adriana said...

I had fun! I can't wait to see what you do with the Fatty Hatty. Do you have a pattern? Also, you could do it with magic loop if the dpns bug you.