Friday, January 18, 2008

Peace and Hats

I had 40 minutes of serenity this morning while I was doing laundry. I bought Tetris for my iPod Nano (best $5 I ever spent!) so while my washing was going, I sat in the quiet laundry room (there are comfy couches down there) and played Tetris while listening to music. I didn't think about all the errands I have to do today, I didn't think about work, I didn't think about anything. Just Tetris and music. It was bliss.

And, since I've been getting requests, here are pictures of my Fatty Hatty!

trying to photograph myself...

hat with flash (so you can see the colour better)

hat without flash (so you can see the cables better)


I have lots of yarn left over, so if anyone has suggestions on what to do with it, let me know :)

4 comments:

Adriana said...

Gorgeous! That's the Yarn Harlot's Unoriginal Hat, right?
Do you have enough yarn left to make a little neckwarmer?

Jenn said...

That turned out really cool! I can't believe that's your first attempt at cabling.

Heather G. said...

I am extremely impressed! I think you should make me one now :) I am hopeless with hats.

Isn't cabling as easy as I said it was? I second the vote for a nice little neck gaiter. And you could borrow the cable pattern from the hat and design your own unoriginal neckwarmer!

Unknown said...

Lady, the hat looks great! Cables aren't as difficult as they look...now, can I interest you in a cabled sock? :P