Saturday, September 29, 2007

If I say it's easy, you know it's gotta be easy!

I had an interesting recipe a few days ago, found in my Betty Crocker cookbook (yes, I own a cookbook - more than one, actually) in the 20 Minutes Or Less section (the only section I use)

Just thought I'd share. It may sound kinda gross when you read it, and it definitely looks gross when you're making it, but it tastes really good!

Asian Chicken Roll-Ups (not to be confused with fruit roll-ups, which are entirely different)

2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
2 tablespoons teriyaki baste and glaze (you can substitute stir-fry sauce for this, which is what I did)
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon hot water
1 teaspoon sesame oil or vegetable oil (I used canola because it was the only thing I had. Maybe using the proper oil will make it taste even better!)
4 flour tortillas (8 to 10 inches)
8 slices cooked chicken deli breast
1 1/2 cups shredded iceburg lettuce
1 1/2 cups shredded carrots (you can use preshredded lettuce and carrots. I used broccoli slaw)
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro

1. In small bowl, beat peanut butter, teriyaki/stir-fry sauce, brown sugar, water, and oil with wire whisk until smooth.

2. Spread about 2 tablespoons peanut butter mixture over each tortilla. Top each with 2 slices chicken, about 1/3 cup lettuce, about 1/3 cup carrots and 2 tablespoons cilantro. Roll up tortillas.



And that's all there is to it! Easy, tasty, and very quick!
If you don't own a dishwasher, make sure you soak the bowl that had the peanut butter in it right away. That stuff hardens like concrete!

2 comments:

Heather G. said...

I have lived to see the day that Gen posted a recipe. Now I do now know what world I am living in....

Adriana said...

Mmmm... sounds good.