Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Thornhill Village Festival

I spent Saturday working at the Thornhill Village Festival, manning a library information table with a co-worker. It was by far the coldest day of the summer (we're still technically in summer, right?), but there were advantages.

For one thing, I got to play with a bunny puppet all day (and yes, I will give it back).



Another advantage was the front row seats for the parade.

What's a parade without bagpipe players?

Followed by an incredibly cute troop of Beavers!


There was a guy in a motorized bathtub (with a motorized outhouse following behind him)


And two gorgeous Clydesdale horses, pulling a large wagon. I miss horseback riding sometimes.

Not sure what the heck this is, but it sure made a lot of noise!

There was a clown, towing some penguins around (we saw this guy a few times during the day)

And the recreationists for the mock-battle

These guys were the other side... I don't know who won.

It was a cute festival. I'd go next year as a visitor, except I think I'll be manning the booth as long as I'm working at my particular branch... but I don't mind. It was fun!

2 comments:

Heather G. said...

That looks fun! Mike's recreationist group wants to participate in some sort of walk for charity... wouldn't that be hilarious to watch people's faces?

Anonymous said...

That looks fun, I went to a similar July 4th parade with my sister. She was "Mrs. Louisuana" (Town name, not state) and rode on a convertible.

P.S. Please update Sailormoon: VOID! Your loyal subjects miss their Queen Azura, O great writer of fanfics.