Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Knitting babies

I warned you the next post would be about knitting!

My cousin A and his wife S are having a baby in August. As a result, I got the notion stuck in my head to knit them a baby blanket. I started several months ago (after a few false starts) and the blanket is really coming along now.



But then, the surprise baby shower was sprung on me - and that my cousins are having a girl! So during my weekend visit to London, I knit a baby bonnet - with D's help!

The beginnings of the bonnet:


And modeled on my lovely bunny (the closest thing I had to a baby since Hermes wouldn't sit still):


Finally, the side view. It's kinda elf-like, isn't it?


I may or may not put ears on it. I haven't decided yet. What do you think?

4 comments:

Jenn said...

The hat is really really cute. What would the ears look like?

Adriana said...

That hat is so seriously cute! Well done :)
I'm sure it's going to go over very well but not too well ;)

Unknown said...

nice work lady! i need to whip up a bunch of bonnets just to have on hand.

Heather G. said...

Nice to see you on Blogger! I didn't realize you were actively blogging here until Dee threw you on our link list whilst I was away :)

The hat MUST have ears. All baby hats ought to. What yarn is that?

And you are totally on the blanket homestretch! Ever-decreasing rows are good for the soul. You will see.