Thursday, May 29, 2008

Because I don't have enough on the go...

I'm still plugging away at the Montego Bay scarf (which is really pretty even if I keep making small mistakes that shift the pattern around a touch. That's what makes it an original!) and I finished my Easter lamb (minus the button eyes), so I'm looking for a new quick and easy project to start on.

I was thinking of making another pair of fingerless gloves, since I have the Fleece Artist Merino sock yarn that is pretty much the same as the yarn I used to make my first pair of gauntlets... they are currently in the form of a large sock which will be reverted into its more yarnular form.


But it's summer. The weather is going to be hot and gorgeous. I don't want to make mittens or hats or heavy winter things that will remind me of the cold that is sure to come.

Anyone have suggestions? I'm open to anything as long as its easy and something I would wear/use :D

And it doesn't have to be using the Fleece Artist. There are plenty of other yarns in my stash to use... like the Noro Taiyo that currently does not have a project but is screaming to be used.
(I do so love Noro)


p.s. would someone like to make my little naked lamb a sweater? or a vest? ;)

1 comment:

Adriana said...

How about a shrug with your Noro?

Hold on, I'll go check Rav for details for you.

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/midorisan/two-tone-ribbed-shrug-2
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/lisabee/embarrassingly-simple-shrug
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/turtlegirl76/anthropologie-inspired-capelet
I especially like the last one and want to make it myself :)