Saturday, June 23, 2007

*click*

I got a new camera!

I didn't want to spend money on a case (since I spent enough on the camera, a memory stick, and a warranty*)

So I thought I'd knit a case. Because I don't have enough projects on the go already**

I did a Google search for knitted camera cases, to see what others have done. Here are the ones I found that I liked:

Number 1 - I like the drawstring feature!

Number 2 - this one is just cute. Is felting better for a bag?

... okay, I thought there'd be more than just two. Anyway, I'd also like a shoulder strap for my camera, long enough for me to put across one shoulder and across my body.

And because a wise person told me people only read blogs with pictures, here's one of the test photos from the new camera, using the low-light setting:


If you can get onto my LiveJournal, there are a ton more pictures there.




------
*For those of you who know how rough I can be on a camera, I thought a warranty was a good idea. I should have got one for my computer too, but when I bought the computer, I couldn't also afford a warranty.

**Baby blanket, gauntlets, sweater, socks, and slippers... not to mention yarn for other projects, like hats and scarves. Why can't I ever finish what I start?

2 comments:

Adriana said...

Hermermermes!

I suggest felting because that will make it stronger and more durable.

Pete got a fabulous camera case from Blacks for $15. It has pockets to hold your batteries and memory card. You might want to check that out because a camera is worth protecting.

Heather G. said...

Yay for felting!