Tuesday, July 20, 2010

200th Post!!!

Using the excuse that I'm a Youth Services Librarian, and that I have to read it for my job, I managed to snag a copy of the Twilight series novella "The Short Second Life of Breen Tanner".

Now, since I'm not a Twi-hard (I only read the books once, which was enough, and I've hated both the movies I've seen), I couldn't remember who Bree Tanner was. Thank goodness for Wikipedia.



So far, I like this book much better than the other four Twilight books. First of all, it's short. Second of all, it's not whiny. Third of all, no Bella or Edward or mopey teenage angsty love triangles. And in spite of what Stepehenie Meyer did to vampires, it's very interesting to read from the vampire's point of view - especially a "newborn" vampire, who doesn't necessarily know what it is to be a vampire.
I'm not bad mouthing the original Twilight books - I found them highly entertaining to read, but not exactly what I would consider great literature. Some of the leaps of plot taken made me wonder if the story would reach the other side, or plummet into the gaping chasm below. Still, it was exactly what I expected from fluff-reading.

No comments: