Saturday, December 20, 2008

Seven Pounds

Since I was snowed in at the mall yesterday (darn), Corinna and I decided to see a movie once we had done the majority of our shopping.

(Honestly, people thought I was nuts for driving to Mississauga in a snow storm, but it was the best Christmas shopping day ever. There was barely anyone in the stores, no lines or fights, and I can think of much worse places to be trapped than at Square One. So the drive there and back was a bit harrowing. We all need a little excitement in our lives!)

*ahem* Anyway, we went and saw the new Will Smith movie "Seven Pounds"


Neither of us had any idea what this movie was about, but since Will Smith is so hot such a good actor (and there was nothing else playing) we decided to check it out.

It was... dramatic. Kinda boring at times. Will Smith was good (as he always is) but I found myself wondering what the plot was at times, and whether we had gone on some huge random tangent for a good chunk of the film. Rosario Dawson was very good (and I usually don't like her in stuff... unless I have her confused with someone else. She was the chick on Lost, right?), and I liked the big Great Dane named Duke. He looked like a cow :)

I would recommend renting this one... or wait until the library buys it and get it for free. The end wasn't bad but it was very abrupt, and by the time the explained why this guy was the way he was, the audience had already figured it out from the vague flash backs.

So a resounding "meh" for Seven Pounds. If you must see a movie before Christmas, go see Bolt. It was SO CUTE!!

No comments: