Friday, September 5, 2008

Crazy Times

I returned from my wonderful cottage vacation on Monday and have had a tough time readjusting to city life (especially the noise and lights)

Then last night, I got a pretty big scare.

I got home from work and found a puddle of blood by the front door. Obviously, it wasn't mine (I would notice if I bled that much onto the floor) so I went to check on my cats. Hamlet was jumpy and purry like always, but Hermes was acting more standoff-ish than usual. So I called the 24-hour vet clinic, inspected Hermes for blood stains (found none) and brought my kitty to the vet.

After a 2 hour wait (we're getting close to midnight now) I got in to see the vet. Hermes' internal organs were fine, temperature was normal, no blood stains, good teeth and mouth... so no explanation for the blood at all. I paid the bill and went home, exhausted.

When I got home (about midnight-thirty) and let Hermes out of his carrier, I found a few pieces of bloody poop in the back of his carrier. This morning, I found another bloodstain near the litter box.

Maybe Hermes is just stressed from the loud jackhammering that's been going on. Or maybe he ate something that didn't agree with him... He's acting normal, eating and drinking well, and doesn't appear to be in any pain. I'm confused.

2 comments:

Adriana said...

Oh Gen, I am so sorry to hear about Hermes. I'm going to email you now.

Anonymous said...

Hi Gen, Sorry to hear about Hermes. Might be an idea to save some poop and take it to the vet, and also let the vet know what you found.