Tuesday, September 23, 2008

All This Post is Missing are Pictures

I had an awesome weekend this past weekend. I was out and about for both days, starting with seeing "Tropic Thunder" on Friday (just for Robert Downey Jr). It wasn't bad... I'd recommend waiting for the DVD if you want to see it. Or better still, taking it out of the library (for free).

Saturday I wandered around the Thornhill Festival, bought food (mmm... roasted yams), bugged some of my co-workers who were there representing the library... then hopped on the subway and went downtown to meet up with Dee and Pete, who were in town to see Blue Man Group.

Sunday I went to Wonderland to celebrate Corinna's birthday. We met up with Ian and Emily and Emily's sister Allison for a bit, then after all the fun roller coasters we went out for sushi.

It was lots of fun. I also got a bit of knitting done on my re-started scarf. Of course, every time I sit down to knit Hamlet tries to eat my yarn. I had to build a pillow barracade, which he took as a challenge and ended up attacking from a different direction. *sigh*

Oh, and last night I saw the TV show "The Mentalist". Originally, I thought this concept was pretty stupid, just like CSI and Law & Order, but I watched it and it's pretty good. (It helps that Simon Baker is pretty hot) ;)

Next post will have pictures of the aforementioned activities... except the TV show. You can Google that yourselves!

2 comments:

Adriana said...

I love that you had to build a pillow barricade to protect the knitting. Too bad it didn't work :P

Joe said...

I loved "Tropic Thunder"--it cracked me up. Robert Downey Jr. was fantastic! (Maybe it helped that my friends and I watched every Vietnam War movie in high school, and that added another level to the parody.)