Sunday, July 6, 2008

What I've Been Up To: The Knitting Edition

I haven't updated in a while, so I thought I'd bring everyone up to speed on what I'm knitting.

I got a good chunk of knitting done at the cottage at the end of June (which was very nice) and I've been trying to knit a little every night, but life can be pretty busy sometimes. It helps that I'm head-over-heels in love with Noro Taiyo and want to buy more.

So, I'm still plugging away at the Montego Bay Scarf (Ravelry link) made from the sock yarn Heather and I won for doing the scavenger hunt back on April Fools Day.

Yes, it's still not very long, but you try saying "no" to Noro

The colours of this yarn are beautiful!

I finished putting together my little Lamby, but sadly he is lacking eyes. He also has a bit of a club foot but I love him anyway. Not bad for my first attempt at a stuffed animal, I think. Dee, Heather, when we go sight seeing in Toronto (which I'm assuming will include stops at yarn stores), I should buy this little guy some button eyes.

My poor blind little lamb

And the current love-of-my-knitting-life, is the Capelet I'm making with the Noro Taiyo (*heart*) ... (Ravelry link). If you look at the Ravelry link, I'm planning on making the sleeves and body of my capelet a touch longer so that it doesn't look like I'm wearing a baby sweater ;)

What I've got so far... I live for the colour change!

Close up! My family was wondering why there were so many holes in this, and didn't believe me when I said it was intentional.

So there's my knitting update. I would also like to take this opportunity to point out that I went to Canada's Wonderland on Canada Day and rode the Behemoth... AT THE VERY VERY FRONT!


I think my heart stopped for a few seconds. It was AWESOME :D

2 comments:

Adriana said...

The capelet looks amazing!! Now I need Noro :)

I believe that trip to the Purple Purl is part of the plan for Friday.

Sam said...

DUDE! I want to go on that! When I was visiting my sister, we went down the 400 and I was plastered against the glass when we passed Wonderland. *pines*