Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Exciting Day

Yesterday was a pretty exciting day for me ... well, not the entire day, but from about 6:30pm to around 8:45pm (if you want to be precise)

Why was yesterday so exciting? Because the Yarn Harlot came to my library for an author talk!

Now, if you're not a knitter, you're going to wonder what's wrong with my sanity that I would get so excited about meeting an author of humorous knitting books. Well, the fact that she's an author is enough for me since I'm still holding onto that dream that one day I'll see one of my books in print (every year my New Years resolution is to send some writing to a publisher... hard to believe that I achieved the much more difficult loose-weight resolution before the send-something-to-a-publisher one!)

But the real reason I was excited to meet her in person was because I read her blog every day and she's a truly hilarious writer. I've heard her speak before, and she's a gifted public speaker (even if she denies it). And I've seen pictures of the things she can knit, and it's honestly inspirational. And in person, she's all those things too.

And now, I can brag to my knitting friends that I had a 30 minute conversation with the Yarn Harlot. That's probably enough to make them jealous ;)

After the talk (which was very successful as far as author talks at my library go), I went out for hot chocolate with Heather & Mike. It honestly felt like I hadn't seen them in ages, so I was glad they decided to stick around for a bit. We went to a kosher Second Cup (kosher in that sense, meaning really expensive cupcakes)!

So far, it's been a busy but good week. Two more days of work to go!

1 comment:

Adriana said...

I'M SO JEALOUS!! It sounds like you had the most amazing evening. I just wish I could have been there. Maybe you can lure her back next year ;)