Monday, July 28, 2008

Dark Knight

So I finally got to go see the new Batman movie


Heath Ledger as the Joker was just *creepy*, but they did an amazing job. I found the film to be quite long (those movie theatre seats can be pretty uncomfortable after a while) but the movie did a good job of holding my attention.

Here are a few points I had about the movie:

- The hoarse voice that Christian Bale used as Batman made me wonder if the Dark Knight was getting over a really bad cold or something. I was half expecting him to start hacking up a lung mid-speech.

- Maggie Gyllenhal (I probably really messed up on that spelling) was MUCH better than Katie Holmes ... which I'm sure everyone agrees.

- I love Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman!!

There were a few other things that bothered me, but they would be spoilers, so in case someone hasn't seen it, I won't write anything down. You'll know it when you watch it.

And...

This weekend I went to Wonderland again! I love roller coasters. So much fun! I sat at the very very front of Behemoth again (this time, my heart didn't stop for quite as long). Good times. I'd go again in August, but all my free time is pretty much spoken for, so if anyone wants to go in September, let me know ;)

3 comments:

Heather G. said...

Maggie Gyllenhaal, eh? It completely flew my mind who that was. Actually, no one at work thought too much of her taking Katie's place.

I thought the fake Batman voice was a little odd too. I just felt like clearing my throat every time I heard him.

Sam said...

Me! I wanna Wonderland! :) Pleeezzzeee :)

Adriana said...

When does Wonderland close? I wonder if we might be able to manage it or if we should just wait until we're living in TO next summer!! (And earlier of course. I am not currently making sense because it's past my bedtime and I took off one earring but then got distracted commenting. I'm going to bed now)