Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Spring now, please?

The past two weeks have been horrible and stressful. I had hoped the worst was over, but no.

Monday I whacked my head pretty hard on something and ended up with a huge headache (duh). Yesterday, I also managed to burn my arm with the iron (see why I don't iron?) while enjoying day two of the headache. I was on desk all day at work, and while nothing horrible happened (unlike last week) being on desk all day with a major headache was not fun. I wanted to go home so badly I could cry.

So then, the end of the day came. Hooray! But it was another snowstorm. I drove my colleague to the subway station as I always do when we work the same shift, but was unable to get out of the station in the direction I wanted to go. So instead of left, I had to to turn right.

(captions: at subway "stuck for 20 minutes";
along Finch "no longer thinking straight";
at Bathurst/Finch "if I was thinking straight, I would have turned right")

To make a long and painful story short, it took me 2 hours to get home last night. I left work at 5:00, and walked in my door at 7:00. I live 20 minutes from work, and about 5 minutes from the subway where I dropped off my colleague.

I wanted to go home so badly I did cry. And if I didn't have such a busy day at work ahead of me, I'd call in sick.

And yes, I still have a headache.

2 comments:

Adriana said...

You poor thing. What a terribly upsetting day. I hope that today is much much better. It has to be.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on your sentiment for spring to come on, already! Our street doesn't get plowed often and if you read my livejournal you know about our last experience with coming back from the ER, you know that doesn't fare well for us. Well the road still hasn't been plowed and we got more snow last night. Anyway, I'm really sorry about your headache and burn. I hope that you get family day off. kitcat75