Sunday, February 10, 2008

In which Heather and I are bad influences

Yesterday Heather and I went to Romni Wools. They're having a 20% off sale certain weights of yarn, which happened to be the right yarns I needed for a few projects I want to start.

Project #1: Squarey
Essentially, a pillow with a striped bottom half, an embroidered face, and arms and legs. I decided to make one 14" pillow and two 10" pillows of different colours so they can all sit together on my couch (or higher up if Hamlet decides he likes them)

I bought Cascade 220 yarn in lots of fun colours (two shades of purple, blue, green, and gray) to go with the two skeins of pink that Ru and Mel graciously gave to me (I'm using stash yarn!). While watching Star Wars Episode IV and V last night with Heather and Mike, I got through a good portion of one piece of a small Squarey.

Project #2: Fuzzy Lamb
I saw this pattern on Ravelry and fell in love with how cute the little lamb was. I'd never tried making a toy before (other than the alligator I started and never finished - I wonder where he went?) and I thought this guy would be a good place to start.

So for him, I bought three balls of Debbie Bliss cashmerino astrakhan (which Heather says will cause me to swear several times while knitting it) in an oatmealy colour (x2) and a dark brown. So cute! I can't wait to start on this guy!


And since things were on sale (and we all know I'm a sucker for the word 'sale'), I also bought a nice big ball of Rowan big wool fusion in lilac to make another cable hat, and two balls of Noro Taiyo (it's a cotton/silk/wool/nylon blend - but mostly cotton! COTTON!)

Then we went a bought pillow forms for my Squareys. All in all, a satisfying and expensive day for me. But I have such pretty pretty yarns now (to add to my growing collection of pretty pretty yarns)

Pictures will follow (eventually) of the projects and yarns... and eventually I'll also add them to my stash on Ravelry. But not right now. I have to get ready for work.

2 comments:

Adriana said...

Sounds like fun! I look forward to seeing pictures.

Sam said...

OOhh....yarny goodness :) Need pictures, please :)