Friday, July 13, 2007

OotP!

I was going to write what I thought of the new Harry Potter movie, but after reading MadJenny's review, all I can say is that I agree with her and that you should read that one :)

Things I would add, though...

  • 12 Grimmaud place (excuse the spelling. I'm too lazy to look up how it's supposed to be spelled) was really well done. That place was creepy, and I would hate to have to spend a night there!

  • Most of the Hogwarts students were using Muggle backpacks, which irked me quite a bit. If, like the Weasleys, most of these kids came from full wizarding families, I don't think they'd have those.

  • Fred and George were fantastic. I loved their experiments on students, and although they didn't make a swamp when leaving, they did go out with a bang :)

  • I loved Luna, but she didn't seem, well, English to me. I couldn't catch any accent. I don't know if this is because she's an American actress, or if she was speaking in an unnaturally high pitched voice which made it difficult for her accent to come through, but when she spoke, it seemed out of place from the rest of the characters.

Yes, I nitpick. I know.

  • Dumbledore's great escape was awesome.
  • Finally, I adored the end. I won't spoil it, but Voldemort vs. Dumbledore and Harry was a great way to end the movie
That's all I can think of right now. Go see it. And, MadJenny, if you want to see it again in IMAX, I'll come with you! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

the girl who played Luna, Evanna Lynch, is Irish. i remember reading a long time ago that one of J.K. Rowling's conditions for when they started making the movies was that the entire cast must be British.

Adriana said...

I want to see Harry Potter! I wonder if it would work out to see when you're in town for Pete's show. Probably not but a girl can home :P