Friday, January 30, 2009

Neglecting the ol' blog

I have stuff to blog about, really, I just don't have any pictures. I am a lazy photographer in this digital age. I mean, I don't even have to leave my apartment anymore! Still, excuses, excuses :)

What have I been knitting?

Let's see ... I'm almost done a shrug. I think it's called the Retro Redux Shrug from Lace Style. Dee had knit one up and I borrowed it when we saw Avenue Q (the theatre was *cold*) and loved how it fit, so I decided to make one for myself.

someone else's shrug
see previous comment about too lazy to take my own pictures


What else? Well, one of my co-workers is pregnant, so I'm working on a surprise project for her (I don't know if she reads this blog or not) and a not-so surprise present which will hopefully end up looking like this:


Only mine will be a solid colour (orangey) with dark dark blue trim.

I'm also going to start on my very own ski hat ... with ear flap and probably ears :) It'll be dark brown with a pale blue trim to match my new ski jacket. The pattern is called Thorpe (Rav link) and it looks like this:


Still gotta do a gauge swatch for this one. I doubt the hat will be done by my next ski trip in early February. Oh well :)


This concludes the blog post about what I've been up to, knitting-wise.

3 comments:

Heather G. said...

Man, I was SERIOUSLY impressed with your retro redux...

Azura said...

Ya gotta read the fine print, Heather ;)

Adriana said...

I looked at the first picture as the page was loading and thought "I don't remember Gen buying that colour of yarn" :P

Let's plan a get together soon, maybe next weekend, and I can help you with the next part of the shrug.