Tuesday, October 14, 2008

NaNoWriMo

Okay, I know I already posted today, but I've been thinking about this all day and decided to write about it anyway.

You all know that November is both NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) and NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month). Last year I did one blog post a day for the entire month of November, so this year I thought I'd try my hand at the novel writing.

The goal is 50,000 words by the end of the month. That's a little under 2000 words a day. I doubt I can do that, but I will try to complete a rough draft of my latest idea. This is the part where you, blog readers, get to decide what to read.

Would you like to read my daily writing, in the hopes of maybe having a completed story by the end? Or would you like me to keep up my haphazard random posts that may or may not be daily?

Before you decide, here's my idea for NaNoWriMo:

Former boxing champion Oliver "Rex" Kingsley is living a good life. He became world boxing champion at the tender age of 20, and for the past ten years has been retired from the sport, preferring to be with his wife Diana and their three kids. However, his golden life takes a turn for the worst when he's diagnosed with a fatal disease and his only salvation lies in a kidney transplant with a blood relative. Trouble is, he's adopted. Oliver needs to track down his mysterious past to save his life, but soon discovers some secrets are better left forgotten.

So, what say you guys? NaNoWriMo or regular posts?

2 comments:

Adriana said...

You know I love you and greatly enjoy your writings but I'm afraid that your idea isn't one that appeals to me. Perhaps it's because it reminds me of the episode of House I just watched or because I hate boxing movies, but, even though I am incoherent from tiredness and am up way too late due to this stupid election, I will support whatever you do. And if you decide to post this story on the blog I will most likely read it.

(Sorry for the incoherency. Beer beer beer bed bed bed)

Anonymous said...

Totally a book I would pick up to read, based on the synopsis. You should give it a whirl and I'd enjoy reading it along the way :).