Saturday, February 6, 2010

Knitting - On The Needles

So it appears as if I have a rather severe case of start-itis, meaning that there are a bunch of projects that I want to start and complete.

(note: photos are not the things I'm making ... well, they are, but their not the exact ones I'm making. Meaning I'm stealing the photos from other places to show you what the heck I'm talking about)

1. Simone - flare sleeved cowl sweater


My first attempt at a me-size sweater. I'm working on a boring part right now, just straight knitting the back for a good long time. Still, I'm stupidly proud that I'm making a sweater, so I can still make myself knit the boring parts.


2. Proposition - entrelac gloves


Another first - my first entrelac attempt. Ok, so far I've only done the 10 rows of ribbing at the bottom but I plan on knitting more tonight and possible doing the entrelac part tomorrow. I'm excited to try this out. Entrelac is, I think, one of the most beautiful designs you can do with yarn. And keeping that in mind, once I finish the gloves, I'll try this:

3. Lady Eleanor - entrelac stole


Pictures of this made out of Noro Taiyo (which is what I'll be using) made me squee out loud. Good thing I was at home! I'm absolutely dying to wrap this around me, so I'm hoping that the entrelac gloves won't be the end of me and entrelac ;)


4. Clapotis - rite of passage


Since nearly all my knitterly friends have either made (or are making) a Clapotis, I feel like it's a rite of passage for knitters to make one. A kind of fiber bar mitzvah (or bat mitzvah, I suppose). So once I find the elusive last skein of Noro Taiyo that I need to have enough to make a full size Clapotis, I will undertake this rite of passage myself!

And yes, I do have a gorgeous Clapotis that I adore, made by the wonderful Heather, but I feel like I should make my own to prove to the world that I Am A Knitter :)


5. Patchwork Trio Afghan - for Mom


 

Finally, the last project I want to tackle, is this afghan for Mom. She said she would knit part of it, so it'll be a joint venture. I just need to wait for the 26 balls of yarn I ordered to come in. This is going to take me a loooong time to make.


Well, it looks like I'm going to be busy for quite a while. Who's up for a Stitch 'n Bitch?

1 comment:

Adriana said...

Busy lady! I'm looking forward to our next date night so I can see how things look in person.